If you (you & your partner) own two important abilities: design skills and business skills, you not only can make money but also enjoy a rewarding career in the designer purse business.
- Shop the famous purse labels, including Christian Louboutin, Alexander McQueen and Valentino, to study them and develop your own design preferences.
- Take inspiration from some websites such as the Universal Mercantile Exchange, and create your own purse designs.
- Watch videos to know how other designers work their magic.
Create Business Plan
- Before investing in a designer purse business, you should create a business plan.
- Decide how you plan to finance.
- Decide whether you will be self-supporting or want an external investor.
- Contact the local government department to know some information on the business license.
- If you plan to retail purses, please visit your state’s sales tax revenue office.
- Build your team, including accountants, lawyers and marketing specialists.
- If you plan to purchase and resell your inventory, please contact legitimate wholesale distributors of designer purses. Online sites sell designer purses with wholesale prices.
Market for a Strong Start
- Create custom-designed purses for individual clients. Cater to specialty stores with a clientele who possess a penchant for designer purses. Approach high-fashion department stores about taking your line of designer purses.
- Print a business card with a new logo, reinforcing your brand.
- Decide whether to use other online markets to promote and sell your products. Many markets exist and you can list and sell your product for a fee.
- Use social media to promote and brand your new designer purse business. Use your logo as your profile picture to visit online forums and posts. Answer forum questions to position yourself as an expert, which can help to further enhance the legitimacy of your brand. Use internet marketing to promote your brand.