It is simple to create a leather bag to carry your things around in.
- Determine how large you would like your bag to be. Although the typical shoulder bag will be between 5 and 8 wide long by 5 inches long, you can change it as you see fit.
- Cut a piece of leather which should be the desired dimensions of the purse. Cut another piece which should be the same width and 2 inches longer.
- Place the front flap on top of the back, and align them up at the bottom.
- Go back and sew the leather together with leather needles and polyester threads. Fix it off on the back. You can use a separate piece of thread to sew the flap for looks. Note; in many cases, we had better not sew the flap.
- Measure the distance from the top of your shoulder to the top of where you want your hand bag to hang up. Then, double this number. Cut a 1/2-inch leather to this length.
- Stretch the strap to the back or side of the purse; you can sew it on the outside or inside. If you see it inside, the purse will not close completely. It is recommended to fold the end of the strap in half first. Thus, it can fit in the crease easily.
- Stitch a metal clasp in the center of the bottom edge of the flap. Fold the flip and attach the other half to the front of the purse you want to keep.