Quick and easy drawstring bag can be used to as potpourri sachets or can be used to store organize sets of blocks or other small toys. Drawstring bags made of velvet and satin can be used as jewelry pouches. However, how to sew quick and easy drawstring bag or pouch in any size?
- Determine the size of the drawstring bag. Add 2 inches to the height measurement. Multiply the width measure by 2 and add 1 inch. Next, cut a fabric rectangle with these measurements.
- Fold the rectangle in half vertically, and then pin the sides as well as bottom edges together.
- Stitch from the bottom edge of the bag with a 1/2 inch seam, starting from the fold. Turn the fabric in the corner and sew along the side toward the top with a 1/2-inch seam. When you are 2 1/2 inches from the top, stop this seam. Next, sew 1/2 inch reverse.
- Zigzag close to the seam, between the stitching and the raw edge of the fabric. Trim the fabric around the zigzag, but leave the fabric above the seam.
- Fold on both sides of the 1/2 inch un-sewn seam allowance on the side seam, and zigzag next to the raw edge of the fabric on both sides.
- Fold over 1/2-inch around the top edge of the bag, keeping wrong sides together. Press the fold.
- Fold another 1-inch around the top edge of the bag, keeping wrong sides together. Press the fold.
- Stitch 7/8-inch from the top edge, forming the casing for the drawstring. Turn the bag right side out.
- Cut a length of drawstring and its length is three times the finished width of the bag. Insert the large safety pin into one end of the drawstring and pass the safety pin through the casing. Pull the end of drawstring evenly together, and knot near the end of the place.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: