Satin, a delicate fabric comes in variety of weaves, requires special care when cleaned. Carefully read the label before cleaning your stain evening bag. If you still have some doubts, you had better take it to dry cleaner. In general, you can wash any type of satin at home with a basic and gentle method.
Steps to Clean a Satin Evening Bag
- Polish the bag’s metal frame and any metal accents very gently with small circular motions.
- Place the bag upside down to prevent dust or debris on the metal falling on the satin cloth.
- Dampen a soft, clean cloth with cold water.
- Use this cloth to thoroughly wipe the frame.
- Dampen a soft-bristled toothbrush with clean, cold water. Gently brush dirt and debris from non-satin element with the toothbrush.
- Mix 2/3 cup cold water and 1/3 cup white wine vinegar.
- Soak a clean sponge in the mixture.
- Dab the satin surface of the bag and the interior lining with the sponge.
- Dampen another sponge with plain cold water, and then dab the fabric.
Tip: Stain fabric with an embossed design require particular attention for heavy cleaning may rub the texture.
Steps to Dry a Satin Evening Bag
- Use a clean, absorbent towel to pat the entire surface of the bag to remove excess water.
- Open the bag.
- Blow –dry it for 10 minutes from the inside.
- Place it in a dry, temperate area with plenty of air flow to air-dry overnight.
- Do not clean your evening bag very often.
- Satin is easy to stain and wear.
- To make your bag retain its shape, stuff it with non-acidic tissue paper, and store it in a dry, temperate area with good air circulation.
- Before cleaning bag, please read the label.
- Never use bleach.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: