With proper care, you can use your high-quality leather purse – a fashion item for many years. However, leather purse will pick up musty odors if you place it in a damp area. If this happens, you are eager to know how to get a musty smell out of your leather purse.
- Take purse outside every day to soak up the fresh air and sun until the odor is gone completely. It is recommended to keep the purse open when it’s outdoors to allow for interior ventilation.
- Mix amounts of warm water and rubbing alcohol. Dampen a cloth with the mixture and wring out the excess mixture. Use this cloth to wipe down the exterior of leather purse to get rid of the musty odor and to kill mold and mildew.
- Place briquettes on a piece of tissue or a paper towel, and then place it in purse to absorb musty odors. Replace charcoal briquettes every two days until the smell of moldy disappears.
- Lightly spray the outside of your leather purse with shoe freshening and then take it outside to dry.
- Pour baking soda into a bowl and place it near purse to absorb the musty smell. Replace baking soda every two days until the musty smell is gone completely.
If your bag gets wet, please immediately dry it to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Don’t use washer or dryer to get the musty smell out.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: