Have you ever spilled coffee on your leather purse? Although it is difficult to remove leather stains, we can clean coffee stains from leather purse completely as long as we act quickly with correct products for the stain removal.
- Use paper towels to blot the stain. Gently press the towel to absorb as much of the liquid as possible. Do not rub the leather purse.
- Soak a soft and clean cloth in warm water. Gently rub the leather in the direction it runs. Never directly apply water to the leather purse, for water does more damage than good to leather.
- If warm water cannot remove the stain, you can add a mild detergent (such as saddle soap, dishwashing liquid and leather soap) to the cloth. Then rub the leather in the direction it runs. Rinse it with a clean, damp cloth. Do not run the purse under water.
If the stain is still not gone, you can try the method below.
- Mix one part white vinegar with two parts warm water in a bowl.
- Soak a clean cloth in the mixture.
- Rub the purse to remove the stain. Note: before trying this mixture on the outside of your purse, you should test it in hidden location of the purse, such as the bottom or the inside.
- Use a dry towel to rub the area to remove dampness and bring out a shine.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: