It is believed that almost everyone has encountered this issue: the snap snapped when we fastened purse. In this situation, we can fix the snap instead of throwing away the item.
1. Remove the broken snap.
- Carefully pry under the snap.
- Pop off the snap by using the screwdriver as a lever without ripping the wallet fabric.
- Use the same way to remove the socket, which is the part that the snap snaps into.
2. Check the wallet.
Use a leather awl to make sure the hole is the same size as the snap.
3. Remove the snap tools from the packaging.
Place the flat socket in the plastic snap tool with the protrusion facing up. Place the other part into another snap tool and snap them into the plastic position.
4. Layer the wallet.
Make the disc on the bottom, the wallet fabric is in the middle, and the snap tool is on top by layering the wallet. Make sure you first attach the bottom of the snap. Then, according to the snap tool’s manufacturer’s instructions to position the pieces and hammer it in place.
5. Attach the top of the snap.
Attach the top of the snap, the same way. Plastic works as a stabilizer for the small metal parts. Hammer the top of the snap to another piece of wallet.
6. Reinforce the snap.
Use super glue to reinforce the snap, removing any excess.
If the material is ripped, you can directly replace the item instead of the snap.