Cute purse plays an important role in our daily life. However, what should we do if our purse smells bad? How to clean purse to keep it smelling and looking fresh?
- Clean purse every week or two weeks. Place a canvas purse in a washing machine on the gentle cycle with mild laundry detergent. Mix a drop of liquid baby bath diluted with 1 cup of water, lightly spray the mixture to a microfiber towel, and then use it to wipe the grain of the leather, and never get the bag itself wet. If you are unsure your purse is washable, take it to the dry cleaner.
- Empty your purse every once in a while, giving it a good shake outdoors.
- Roll a lint brush along the inside or shake it out and then use an upholstery attachment to vacuum it. For stains or spills on the lining, spray them with baby bath diluted in a spray bottle of water and use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe them. If you are unsure the fabric content of your purse’s lining, you can take it dry cleaner.
- Apply perfume or fabric refresher on an old handkerchief or rag, and then tuck it into the bottom of your purse.
- Let it air-dry. Turn your purse inside out and hang it on a clothesline in the sun if possible. However, don’t leave purse outside for too long — an hour or two is enough, for bright sunlight can fade fabric. Or, you can hang it in a shady spot.
- Store your purse where it can breathe. Clean purse first, open it, and store it in an open pillowcase, preventing the outside of the bag from collecting dust while keeping the inside from becoming musty.
- Place pens and makeup in a smaller bag, and then store it in your bag.
- Do not keep lunch bag in your bag.