With fancy fabric, any style of purse can be turned into an evening bag. It is recommended to choose satins, silks or brocades because of these fabrics not only can match your outfit but also have an elegant look and feel. Follow the directions below to make a simple drawstring evening bag.
Steps to Make a Drawstring Evening Bag
- Draw a 7 inch circle with a plate or a round container on a fabric, cut the circle.
- Cut a 22 1/2 inches wide, 12 inches high fabric.
- Fold the right half of the fabric together.
- Sew along the edge opposite the fold.
- Fold the top edge of the fabric about 1/2 inch.
- Use a temperature appropriate for satin or the type of fabric you’re using to press the fold flat.
- Fold the top edge of the fabric about 1 inch.
- Press the fold flat and pin it in place, becoming the casing for the drawstring.
- Sew along the lower edge, leaving an opening 1 to 2 inches wide.
- Fix the fabric to the outer edge of the circle, keeping the fabric right sides together.
- Sew the fabric to the outer edge of the circle.
- Turn the evening bag over.
- At the end of the seat belt or cord, insert a safety pin, and push it into the opening of the housing.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: