Lined jean purse is nice and fashionable. Here’s how to a lined jean purse.
Steps to Make a Lined Jean Purse
- Measure the distance between the top edge of the waistband and the seam at the bottom of the purse, and add 1″ to this measurement.
Place the purse flat and measure the top edge of the wallet from one side to the other, and add 1″.
Measure the bottom edge of the jean purse from one side to the other side and add 1″.
- Draw these measurements on newspaper. Connect a line from the top measured end to the bottom of the measured end, cut out the pattern from this newspaper.
- Cut two pieces of lining with the pattern.
- Determine the size and number of pockets that your jeans purse needs. Cut two pieces of fabric for each desired pocket, 1/2 “longer than the size of the finished pocket.
- Sew around the pocket shape with1/4″ seam, leaving a 1″ opening at the bottom edge.
- Turn the lining pockets right-side out and press it.
- Determine placement of the pockets, and pin to the right sides of the lining.
- Sew the sides and the bottom of each pocket.
- Pin the two lining pieces together with their right sides facing, and sew the sides and the bottom of the lining with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Fold and iron the top edge of the lining down 1/2 “to the lining’s wrong side.
- Set the lining to the jeans purse.
- Stitch the fold edge to the top edge of the waistband.
- Top-stitch the lining to the jean purse.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: