With linings, you can turn your normal purse into a professional one.
- Measure the depth of the purse from the inside top edge to the bottom. Measure the circumference around the inside of the purse. For instance, you can get this measurement: 7″ X 26″.
- Add a 12″ seam allowance to that measurement. You will get a new measurement now 8″ X 27″ with the seam allowance added. Cut 8″ X 27″ rectangle from the fabric you will be lining the purse with.
- Fold the rectangle in half to make both short meet. Pin and sew a 12″ seam.
- Make a pattern of the bottom of the purse by drawing around it.
- Add 12″ seam allowances to the bottom.
- Pin bottom to bottom lining completely.
- Sew the bottom to the lining.
- Add a pocket if you like. Decide the size of bag. Cut two fabrics. Pin wrong sides together. Sew leaving a space for turning. Turn pocket to right sides. Sew opening closed. Pin and sew it to lining.
- Pin under a 12″ hem around outer edge of lining.
- Pin the lining into the purse keeping wrong sides together. Sew lining to purse with your hand.
- It is recommended to write your measurements down.
- Make a paper pattern of your lining before cutting it out.
- Newspaper is a wise choice to make the pattern.