Leather purses are strong and stylish accessories, but they can develop creases and wrinkles if we don’t care them properly. However, how to fix wrinkles in leather purses?
Hang leather purse and let the creases and wrinkles release on their own
- Find a hanger to hold the purse with clips, and make sure that wrinkles on the purse will not touch the hanger or clips.
- Hang the bag in an empty closet or archway or any well-ventilated area of your home. Do not crush the bag. Make sure the purse has any contact with other items while hanging.
Hang the purse for a few days to a week, for the weight of the leather and shape of the purse can pull the material back into its original form and remove any creases and wrinkles.
- Remove all water from the iron. This item does not require any steam and water droplets, for these can damage the leather.
- Set the iron to its lowest setting.
- Find a clean cotton material, such as a T-shirt or a handkerchief.
- Place the purse with the wrinkled side facing up.
- Place the cotton fabric over the affected area.
- Press the iron gently over the wrinkles and move it back and forth.
How to prevent leather from developing more wrinkles
Condition the material with a leather lotion, replenishing the oils in the leather to keep it looking soft, and preventing the leather from drying out and developing more wrinkles.
Stuff bag with tissue paper bubble wrap or clean fabrics, and then store this bag in a dust bag or natural-fiber pillowcase.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: