Do you like the smell of a new leather purse? What should you do if you don’t like it? Although it will automatically disappear, it needs some time. In fact, we can make a leather purse smell better with a few simple procedures and supplies.
- Place new leather purse at the bottom of a large plastic bag, and open it.
- Put crumpled up balls of newspaper in the purse and around the exterior of the leather purse.
- Apply three drops of vanilla extract on each of two cotton balls. Place one in the inside the leather purse, and another on the outside of the newspaper. Close the leather bag around the leather purse and seal it in the bag for a week to remove the deodorant as well as the leather smell.
- Open the plastic bag, discard newspapers and cotton balls, remove the purse from the plastic bag, and discard the plastic bag.
- Apply a quarter of the amount of leather cleaner and conditioner composition into a clean cloth. Then, wipe the leather purse including its outside and interior leather trim to remove any remaining new leather smells. Let the cleaner and conditioner sit in the bag for few hours.
- You can use substitute fabric softener sheets to replace cotton balls and vanilla, if preferred.
- Soak a clean cloth, and sprinkle baking soda onto it. Use it to gently scrub the leather surface. Finally, use a dampen cloth to wipe the purse to remove the baking soda residue.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: