Want to draw a purse quick and accurate? Before you start drawing, get to know what styles are currently available on the market and observe the details current designers use.
Steps To Draw Purses & Handbags
1. Identify the specific shape of the purse you want to draw.
- To draw following bag, for example, you should draw a line for the bottom of the handbag.
- Then, sketch a rectangle from that line lightly.
- Third, transform the top of the rectangle into a crescent or arc shape.
2. Draw the straps of the handbag.
- Draw a long, narrow rectangle around the left edge of your drawing.
- Draw the same shape near the right edge of your handbag.
3. Draw an arc or oval shape from the top of the package, representing the strap.
- Hold your pencil from the left edge of the left side and draw a line up.
- Draw an upward line from the right edge of the left strap.
- Likewise, draw a line up and draw an upward line from the right edge of the right strap
- Continue to draw two arcs: one will connect inside and the other will connect outside.
- Draw two arcs: one will connect inside and the other will connect outside.
4. Add details to your handbag drawing.
- Use a ruler to draw horizontal lines from the bottom to the top of the handbag to make the plaid design shown in the handbag above.
- Draw vertical lines from the left to the right side of the middle part of the handbag.
- Add color to your handbag drawing with colored pencils.
5. Draw the inside of the bag
- Draw a rectangular shape to be used as the inside of the bag.
- Draw another rectangle on the left to reflect the inner zip.
- Draw two rectangles on the right showing two pockets.
Add another zipper compartment in the center of this rectangular shape, representing a handbag with sections inside.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: