Although handbag designer can make or break our outfit, it needs high fees that most common users cannot afford it. In general, you can decorate your handbag as long as you have a little knowledge and have some right tools.
- Determine the type of handbag you want to decorate. With right supplies, you can decorate virtually any type of material. Do not decorate expensive leather bags.
- Different type of handbag needs different decorative items.
Handbag Decoration Ideas
1. Add jewelry
- Purchase charms that are specifically made for handbags or use larger bracelet charms and/or chains to decorate the bag. Apply these items to the “O” rings that hold the strap to the bag. Or,
- string decorative chains along the back of the bag by connecting the two ends at opposite “O” rings.
- Select paints that are approved for the bag’s specific type of material.
- Use this paints to paint a picture or a design onto the handbag.
3. Add fabric
- Attach appropriate fabric to the bag with adhesives.
- Alternatively, sew fabric onto straw and fabric bags.
- Hide any of the fabric’s raw edges.
4. Add appliques
- Glue one or more appliques to the bag.
- Or, iron-on appliques can be used for some fabric and straw bags by using ironing paper between the iron and the handbag.
- Hand -sew appliques onto fabric and straw bags.
5. Add other embellishments
- Use faux jewels like strings of pearls or rhinestones to embellish a handbag.
- Carefully chose individual gems, and then use a gem setting machine or the right type of adhesive to attach them to bag. Or, hand-sew them, preventing them from falling off the bag.
- Mark the handbag to show where each gem should be adhered, reducing the chance of errors.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: