Genuine leather handbags require extra attention. However, do you know how to clean leather handbags?
Clean the Leather
Clean your leather handbag after using it about a week.
- Dampen a clean, soft and lint-free cloth with a bit of water and mild liquid soap.
- Use this cloth to simple wipe your bag, removing day-to-day surface dirt.
- Take your bag to shoe stores at least once or twice a season, and then treat this bag with an all-natural leather conditioner.
- Apply a dime-sized dab of the conditioner to a clean microfiber cloth.
- Use it to gently wipe down the entire surface of the leather.
- Let the bag rest for a few hours.
- Remove excess conditioner with a clean portion of the cloth.
- Store the handbag.
- Wipe in the direction of the leather’s grain at any time.
- Apply an unobtrusive bag spot before applying the leather cleaning product.
- Follow any care instructions provided by the bag manufacturer.
- Do not use vinegar or baby wipes, for they will stain or dry out leather.
- Never use synthetic conditioners.
Clean Inside Lining
- Prepare a gentle fabric detergent.
- Shake the empty bag free of dirt and debris and then use a small nozzle attachment to thoroughly vacuum before using the detergent.
- Turn the lining inside out, and smooth it out over a thick, folded towel.
- Soak a sponge with a mix of warm water and detergent.
- Use this sponge to wipe the lining on each side, letting the towel soak up excess moisture.
- Allow it air dry completely.
- Store the bag.
If the lining is attached, try method below.
- Lightly dampen the sponge with the water-detergent mix.
- Wipe the lining.
- Stuff the bag with a clean, dry towel for about a half hour to soak up moisture.
- Leave the open handbag to air dry.
In any case, you will need a liquid metal polish to match the type of metal you have.
- Simply apply a tiny dab to a very small microfiber cloth.
- Use it to rub the metal carefully.
- Use another clean cloth to wipe it to remove any excess cleaner on the leather.
- Rub your zipper with a tiny amount of beeswax to make it work smoothly.
- Use a melamine foam “eraser”-style household cleaner to quickly and easily clean hardware.
- Never use oily products to clean hardware.
- Always allow your hands to dry completely after applying moisturizer or lotion, avoiding grease stains.
- When you are in the rain or snow adventure, please select cloth or synthetic bag to prevent weathering.
- Separate the light-colored leather handbags from dark jeans, especially new ones.
- Do not store pens in your handbag.
- When store accessory, you can make use of the breathable dust bag.
- Fill the bag with paper to maintain its shape, store this item in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight.
- Use a specially formulated leather stain remover on the spot as quickly as possible to remove ink bots or other stains.