What should we do if our handbag or purse is dirty? Methods below can help us to clean it.
- Follow any care instructions attached to the purse.
- Empty the purse of its contents.
- Open purse as widely as possible and shake out any dirt or debris.
- If the lining looks strong enough, you can gently vacuum inside to remove every point of dust and dirt. Do not forget those dirty zipper pockets.
- Dry clean a fabric purse.
Alternatively, use a clean and white cloth to spot clean it with warm water and a gentle detergent such as Woolite. Don’t rub blot.
- For leather purses, use leather cleaner.
- For suede purses, use suede cleaner.
- For vinyl, plastic or wooden purses, wipe them with a clean, damp cloth.
- For velvet or silk purses, take them to the dry cleaners.
- Before using fabric purse, you can apply a fabric protector such as Scotchgard.
- For leather purses, you can use leather protector.
- For suede purses, you can use a protective spray without silicone.
- Don’t place pens inside without caps.
- Place your makeup in a small, separate makeup bag.
- Place candy in a zipper plastic bag and then put them in your purse.
- Make sure any lotion, hand sanitizer or other liquid or gel products are securely capped.