With purse frames, we can create bag in a variety of sizes and styles. However, do you know how to attach your fabric to purse frames?
- Measure the purse frame. Draft a square or A-line bag shape by using the measurements. Separately construct the outer part and lining for your purse, leaving an opening in the lining for turning. Sew the lining and the outer fabric along the top. Trim the seam and turn to the right. Press seam, and pay special attention to the upper seam.
- Open up the purse frame. Lay a thin along the inside of one side of the purse frame. Spread the glue evenly with a toothpick or the tip of a bamboo skewer.
- Push the edge of the finished fabric into the frame, starting from one corner. Continue gently forcing the purse fabric into the metal purse frame. Let the glue dry and then repeat the process with the other side of the purse frame.
- Cut cork which is slightly larger than the surfaces of the locking clamps. If necessary, secure into place with adhesive. Or, you can simply allow the pressure of the clamp to keep the cork in place.
- Use locking clamps to fix the purse, and use cork to protect the metal purse frame from the clamps. Tighten the clamps very securely into place to crimp the purse frame into position.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: