Have you ever made gum wrapper purses? Save used gum wrappers, and use them to make different sizes and colors gum wrapper purses.
- To create a gum wrapper purse, you need collect 200 to 400 gum wrappers. You can collect different color and design of gum wrappers. You can also collect the same color and design wrappers to create a unique purse.
- Open each wrapper to make it is flat. Remove the silver wrappers inside. You should use a table or countertop or other flat surface.
- Cut the gum wrapper in two halves along the longitudinal direction with scissors.
- Fold the wrapper in half along the lengthwise direction. Repeat this on the other piece. Continue opening the wrapper and folding the lower half in the middle.
- Fold the upper half to the middle. Continue folding the entire wrapper in half lengthwise again. Then, fold it again widthwise.
- Fold the ends of the wrapper towards the middle. Repeat this step on another piece of wrapper and the additional wrappers that will make your purse. Now, you have 2 pieces that you can use pins and wires to connect them together.
- Place the two prongs of one of the pieces into the other opening. Use the additional folded gum wrappers to add more links. You should make a long chain of 50 to 60 links. Place a chain on one side for later use, and join the chain together with a needle and thread to make a ring.
- Stack the rings on top of each other to get the perfect height for your purse. Use thick thread to sew them together in a zigzag pattern.
- Sew the bottom of the purse together and sew a zipper on the inside. Sew the chain you placed on the side on the top of the purse to use as the handle.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: