You can use different materials including recycled items lying around the house to make your own handbags and purses.
- Cut the pattern of purse.
- Place the purse fabric flat.
- Place the lining on top of it.
- Fix the paper template on the material.
- Fold the top and bottom edges of the purse fabric down ½ inch and sew.
- Fold the purse fabric in half, wrong side out, and stitch the side but leave the top open.
- Fold the lining fabric in half, wrong side out, and sew the short edges.
- Cut a long strip of fabric, fold it in half, and sew the edges together.
- Sew 2 ends of the strap against the corners of the purse.
- Put the lining in the purse.
- Fold the top edge of the lining down about ½ inch.
- Sew it on the purse.
Use Jeans to Make Handbags
- Place used jeans on flat surface.
- Cut straight across above the crotch of the pants from one side to the other.
- Turn jeans inside out. Sew the opening shut, and then remove the pins.
- Cut a strap from the trousers. Fold it in half and sew the edges together.
- Place one end of the strap against the side seam of the bag, and put it down about 1 inch.
- Stretch the strap on the bag.
- Place T-shirt on a flat surface.
- Cut across the T-shirt from side to side under the arms. Cut two layers
- Turn fabric over, stitch the bottom opening off, leaving about ½ inches above the edge
- Cut a 4-inch slit on each side of the handbag.
- Connect the handle to the handbag.
- Place the bottom of the round handle at the top opening of the handbag.
- Around the handle and hand stitch the fabric down, you should fold about 1 1/2 inches of fabric.
- For the second handle, you can repeat step5, step 6 and step 7.
Duct Tape Purse
- Select a book and wrap it with brown paper.
- Cut a strip of duct tape to wrap the tape around the bottom of the book. Overlap each tape about ½ inch without covering both ends of the book.
- Cut a tape that is about 2 inches longer than the end of the book. Leave about 1 inch at both ends of the tape, cover the end of the book with tape, and stick to one side. Press the overlapping tape down onto the sticky tape.
- Cut a strip that is equal to the desired length. Measure the length of the sides and bottom of the book.
- Cut another tape equal to the first one, but has a narrower width. Keep the strip centered along the length of the first. The edges of the wider tape are folded over narrow tapes.
- Center one end of the strap at the top of the book. Make the second end of the strap overlap the first about 1 inch and take it up the sides of the book.
- Cut a long strip of duct tape, and warp it around the book, sticky side in. Then, remove the book.
- Make a flap for the purse. Cut strips of tape that is equal to the width of the purse. Overlap each tape about ½ inch.
- Connect half of the snap to the flaps and the other half to the front panel of the purse. Place the bottom edge of the flap on the purse about 1 inch below the edge of the back panel.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: